Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa doesn't visit kids in the hospital........


I really have no funny stories. I just told all the kids that Santa doesn't visit children in the hospital.....oh, was that bad?
Two nights before Christmas, we are trying to get most of the kids out of the hospital. I got into one patient's room and her mom gets right down to business and talks about what needs to happen before her child can go home. Totally understandable right? Well I go to the next patient, and I'm trying to talk to dad about the plan of care....what does he want to talk about??? Swamp coolers. For a good 15 minutes. Swamp coolers and it's December. So onward I go to the next patient, and what does dad want to talk about??? How he bought a 150.00 coat from Sears and the zipper broke. "I can't believe the zipper broke....I yelled at the clerk.....I mean Sears has top quality stuff....the zipper broke....blah, blah, blah." Um, hi, would you like to talk about your child? Nah.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I can't believe Santa came to your house after you told all the kids Santa wouldn't come to the hospital!

It must be because NuNu is SUPER CUTE!

I can't believe the zipper broke!!