
So I recently became a mother myself. I know of the hardships and the unknown. I really do! Most of the time I really don't know what the heck I'm doing! I'm ALWAYS calling or asking people for advice. But honestly, I do know some things, even if I wasn't a mother, I would know. Recently I took care of a 10 month old. Mom was getting ready to go home for the night, and I ask her, what would you like me to feed your child (since she only breastfed). She looked at me and replied "Similac (that's baby formula for those who don't know) with sugar." I tried to stay expressionless, but I said, "I can't feed him Similac with sugar." So then she says, "milk, chocolate milk, or soup(that was my personal favorite)...." Again trying to be non-judgemental, but I totally was at this point, I said "Alright, have a good night." Right after that I went right to the computer and ordered for a Nutritionist to come the next day. So the moral of the story and the wisdom to pass on? Don't feed a 10 month old soup or chili. I am sorry if I have offended those that feed their baby soup or chili, don't take it personally.

7 comments:
You probably learned not to feed a baby chili from the feminist tour-de-force cinematic experience of Mr. Mom staring the hat trick of stars--Michael Keaton, Teri Garr, and Martin Mull!
As we learn in one scene where Jack Butler is having a hard time multitasking between laundry and taking care of the kids, Doris the wise television repair woman reminds us, "Are you crazy? You don't feed a baby chili!"
Why can't movies be educational like that anymore?
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!
Similac WITH sugar! Seriously! That rocks! I should have tried that with Ruby! And anyone that has seen Mr. Mom knows NOT to feed a baby chili!
Wow..now THAT'S a fine example of a mother...
Sad to say it, but I've come across parents like this more than once in my life. I've seen some pretty disturbing things.
but liquor's okay, right?
See I'm not too good to comment...you need to update your blog! Seriously! It's not like you have anything better to do!
Post a Comment